Thursday, December 18, 2008 by Daniel

The "Games WOD"

I've seen this one crop up around the blogs n' logs, so was pleased to give it a try:

Five rounds for time of:
275/185 pound Deadlift, 5 reps
10 Burpees

6:02 185lbs

Well, I'm happy with the time, but the weight was really far too light. I should've done 225. The deadlifts felt like rest from the burpees, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen. The burpees were pretty tough - for some reason, the tired burn in my lower quads that I used to get in the early days of the burpee challenge came back, and the first deadlift would feel a bit jello-y, like running after air squats.

Max says we'll be embarking on a twice-a-week strength regimen early in the New Year, which makes me very happy - I was planning on doing this anway, but this means I can do it with the class, which is more fun. Plus, I miss deadlifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment