Monday, October 13, 2008 by Rebecca

My first Linda.

Warmup: Mobility Exercises, 10 squats, 10 pushups, 10 situps

Wod:
Linda
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
BW Bench Press
¾ BW Clean
1 ½ BW Deadlift
Set up three bars and storm through for time.


Results:
1:05 - i accidentally erased the split data on my watch - but there was a lot of down time, so it probably wouldn't have been particularly instructive.

We decided to join Evelyn for Linda tonight at GWPC. I guess you'd call this 50% - I 'set' my BW @ 60# - I originally intended to DL 90# BP 60# Clean 45# - but ended up with a 55# BP and and switched to 85# DL 1/2 way through the firstround.

In hindsight - I probably should have stuck to the original plan. Once I warmed up a bit, those weights were fairly easy. Starting in round 7 I was able to get straight through the BP without racking. In fact, i was able to get through most rounds without much rest, which leads me to believe I wasn't working quite hard enough.

Since there were three of us, and only three oly bars, and the person on Bench needed to be spotted, there was quite a bit of waiting and resting and re racking of weights between rounds, so I'm sure my time would have been much shorter if I had been able to do it straight through. The weights might have felt heavier more quickly, too. But it was fun to do it together, and for it was good just to get a benchmark for this. Actually I think I got almost as much of a workout from racking and reracking weights on everyone's bars. I know my lower back did. :-p

It was good just to be moving heavy things around.

4 comments:

Ev said...

LOL! I didn't realize you guys had so much downtime. I certainly did not :) Yes, next time heavier weights for you!

Rebecca said...

I still think the weights I was using were right - or even a little light - but i managed to tweak my back, anyway. I'm pretty sure it's from the bending over and manouvering of weights setting and un setting all those bars, though (those 45# plates are HEAVY!), and not from the weighlifting movements themselves.

Ev said...

So true! That is an awkward position, the straddling the barbell and fighting with the 45# plates...I think that screwed me up a bit too--that and my shitty form on the deadlifts and cleans :)
Funny how we forgot to think about form when racking and unracking! Good thing to remember.

Melissa Urban said...

Good for you - tackling Linda like that! I've done a met-con that I call "Ladder Linda" - it's 5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5 reps (instead of 10 down to 1). Decidedly shorter workout, but it totally wrecked me, so I can imagine how hard the "real" Linda would be. Hope your back feels better soon.

Post a Comment