Saturday, August 22, 2009 by Daniel

Into the unknown

Something new today: Max lined us up on the start line, told us we would start running 800m laps, and he would tell us when to stop. Experiment in pacing for an unknown duration. I held pace with Matthew throughout, and gambled that the distance would be 5k and made a big push to pull ahead for that - I managed to pull ahead, but that wasn't the final distance: two more laps to go. Matthew did the same to me at the end of the eighth lap, and I didn't have anything left in the tank to fend him off.

Final distance: 4 miles, in (I think) 29:53. 5k was 22:02 (PR)

After that was, immediately:

100 sit-ups
50 burpees
25 pullups

Final time: 48:35ish RX

The situps and pullups weren't bad, but I had huge blisters on the bottoms of my feet that made the burpees pretty agonizing. Those went very slowly, and I lost what lead I had on the rest of the class.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Daniel and Rebecca - you are truly an inspiration.

Post a Comment