Friday, February 27, 2009 by Rebecca

OMG! I got my first pullup!!!!!

So before anything else - HOLY COW I GOT MY FIRST PULL UP TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! kinda took me by surprise during the warmup. It was a funky kip/deadhang hybrid, but i started from hanging, and i got my chin ALL THE WAY OVER THE BAR. Happy DAY!!!! The only sadness is that it was not captured on video. I was working my kip attempts, and got pretty close on one, and decided to see if I could muscle my way up the rest of the way, and I did! I was so surprised. Fortunately, I had witnesses :-)

Ok. Back to our regularly scheduled workout blog.

Warmup: ME, 800m (fell and twisted my ankle a little bit in the last 50 meters - stupid hole in the sidewalk - i had to limp the rest of the way back, but after walking on it a bit, and finishing the warmup, it wasn't really bothering me much any more.), 20 air squats, 20 hip openers, 10 burpees, 1 Pullup(!!!!) a few more pullup attempts, 8 pushups.

WOD:
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:

5 Pull-ups *kip attempts
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

Results:
12 Rounds + 7 pushups (PR by a WHOLE ROUND)

Round
TimeElapsed
1
40,36,47
2:03
2
1:35
3:38
3
1:40
5:18
4
1:41
6:59
5
1:59
8:58
6
1:48
10:46
7
1:37
12:23
8
2:01
14:24
9
1:41
16:05
10
1:36
17:41
11
1:38
19:19
7 pushups
0:41
20:00


Comments:
I'm super excited. I got a complete extra round in - and I definitely could have gotten a full 12 done if I hadn't wasted a full 30 seconds at the start due to a less than optimal pullup setup.

My pushups actually stayed fairly strong throughout - I was able to keep the rep scheme to 5-3-2 for most rounds. Though starting around round 9 i had to switch it to 4-3-3.

My real weak spot was the pullups. The attempts I managed to knock out were not very pull up like for the first few rounds, and I had to repeat quite a few reps trying to get a little more height out of them. I think the pullup that I did get kinda burned out those muscles for the workout. Not that I'd opt to not have gotten it. Ironically, the attempts started getting a bit better towards the end.

All in all a very good day!

Sleep:
12:05 - 7:55 - was awakened at 2am by wounded cat trying very hard to scratch his wound through his collar, and he just wouldn't stop, so I got out of bed to try to sooth him. After tending to him, watering him, letting the other cat out as long as I was up so Daniel wouldn't have to do it later, and then laying awake in bed for a while it was probably half an hour before I got back to sleep. Made me wish for a bedroom with a door we could lock the cats out of.

Food:
Fasting 10:30pm - 2:30pm
2:30 - coffee 12oz w/ 2/3 cup milk, 2 cups cottage cheese, 4 oz slivered almonds, 2tsp cinnamon., 1 multiv, 2, glucosamine, 4 omega-3
4:00 - 1 oz spiced cashews
8:00 variety of chinese food dishes - veggie mongolian beef, veggie chicken w/ broccoli, veggie mu shu, kung pao veggies, and tried a cashew prawn - it was ok.
11:00 2 zma

3 comments:

YPA said...

MAGICAL! WAY TO KICK ASS!

Ev said...

Super-awesome-crazy-friggin-yippers! Way to get it, Becca :)

Jenn said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Way to go, Rebecca!

Post a Comment