Friday, February 27, 2009 by Daniel

Cindy and climbing

The daily WODs are beginning to take their toll this week - I was feeling pretty beat up when I awoke this morning, and contemplated skipping Cindy to just climb. By the time I'd had my coffee, though, I was feeling better, and since I arrived at Ironworks well before Tor, there was plenty of time to do the workout and get some rest before jumping into climbing.

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

13 rounds w/butterfly kips (on rings)
(splits - 0:49 | 0:55 | 1:05 | 1:25 | 1:29 | 1:44 | 1:43 | 1:52 | 1:43 | 1:51 | 1:57 | 2:10 | 1:31)

Dammit. I wanted 15 rounds, and wound up with the same score I got in September. I'm pretty sure my form was better this time - every push-up touched the floor. It's really the push-ups that are the limiting factor - I can't do 10 consecutive after the third round or so, and I just need rests in order to complete the full ROM. It's like this with any high-volume push-up workout - I just have puny pecs, I guess.

Otherwise, the workout went great. I really love the butterfly kip - it feels so FAST (although in reality my first round was just 5 seconds faster). The butterfly form held pretty well for the first 10 rounds, then started to degrade - I was doing them one-at-a-time in the last couple rounds.

EDIT: Tonight I got some video of my butterfly kipping - first on the rings and then my failed attempts at the bar. Clearly I've got some work to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.




Climbing: 10a(o), 10c(f), 10c(f++), 10c(o)

It was pretty clear from the first 10a that I did not have a great deal of gas in the tank. By the time I got to the third 10c, with two roofs and a small traverse of nothing but pinchers, it was really clear I was out of my depth. The last 10c was slab on the wall, which was more my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment