Wednesday, June 11, 2008 by Daniel

Griff

For time:
Run 800 meters
Run 400 meters backwards
Run 800 meters
Run 400 meters backwards

12:27

Splits were 2:58 / 2:48 / 4:00 / 2:41
Run at King School track in North Berkeley on a hot, dusty day.

My 400m on the first lap was 1:12. So two new PRs, and two new times for my goal list! Also, if you add my first and second 800m times, it's a sub 7-minute mile...but I don't think I can count it, since there was that 400m backwards in between when I was able to even out my breath a bit - so it remains to be seen if I can get an honest < 7 minute mile, but I think it's doable - hell, even with 1/4 mile backwards, my one mile time here was 7:46.

Pretty pleased with this. I've never considered myself a runner, and the last time I did it and paid any attention to distance and time was high school, when I did awfully. So it's good to know that there's SOMETHING I'm naturally pretty good at. Of course, the freakishly long legs give me an unfair advantage...

No comments:

Post a Comment