Thursday, October 23, 2008 by Daniel

Diane

Sore as hell from yesterday, with ripped up hands, we weren't sure we were really up for this, but 6:30 found us rolling into the Power Company anyway.

3 rounds for time of 21-15-9

Deadlift 225/155 Pounds
Handstand Push-Ups


11:05 (or 11:45, I forget). 205# DL, HSPUs with one foot up in a ring.

Last time I did this was May, and I did 185# in 14 minutes, and if I recall correctly it crippled me for the weekend with an extremely sore back. Hopefully this will be better. It didn't actually feel that bad - with fresher muscles, I think I may have been able to do 225#. Next time.

I'm still a chickenshit about the HSPUs. I tried kicking up to the wall a couple times and my ankle really hurt on my clumsy, jarring come-downs. I suck at inversion. I really just need to practice kicking up and coming down a few times so I can just get over it.

That said, I felt pretty good about the assisted-HSPUs I did tonight. Max said they looked freaky with one foot up in a ring, but they felt pretty solid and like I was working the right muscles in a closer sub than piking off a box - maybe I'm wrong about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment