Wednesday, October 22, 2008 by Daniel

BurpeesPullupsBurpeesPullupsBurpeesPullups

Jesus, this one kicked my ass hard.

Ten rounds for time of:
12 Burpees
12 Pull-ups

40:05 RX

Splits were:
0:01:49
0:03:04
0:02:55
0:03:52
0:03:20
0:03:57
0:04:22
0:04:22
0:04:15
0:08:09

That last round was because we had to move downstairs to make room for yoga.

All the pullups were kipping on the bar, which is, uh...about 110 more bar pullups than I've ever done before. I was able to knock out a couple rounds unbroken - not necessarily the first rounds, it had more to do with finding the right rhythm and riding the bar. I did notice that the power of the pullup is really generated in the swing-thru at the bottom, and if I really hyperextended and arched my back, the power that generated made it easier to get over the bar. It also, I think, worked to keep me centered under the bar, keeping me from swinging. I'm pretty confident I have the bar kips down now. My hands have the blisters and rips to prove it, too.

The burpees were burpees. About halfway through I started doing them in two sets of 6 with a few breaths in between, but overall they were more or less what they always are.

Suprisingly, no complaints from my shoulder on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment