Thursday, February 5, 2009 by Rebecca

Salsa!

Tonight I went to a salsa class with a couple coworkers and Ev and Robin. It's a month long class on Thursdays.

I haven't been Salsa dancing in ... a REALLY long time. A couple years, probably. It felt great to get out there and get moving again. My balance is still an issue, and the numbness in my hand is still an issue, but I think that the strength gains I've made can only help. I was able to pull through a couple double turns without embarassing myself too badly. I need better shoes.

The really nice thing about this class (and I don't know if this is representative of how it works every week - i hope it is) is that there are several assistant instructors who participate in the 'round robin' partner dancing, so you're guaranteed to get to dance with at least 1 or 2 good partners.

I am very much looking forward to going back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment