Thursday, December 25, 2008 by Rebecca

Christmas 5-ish k

Christmas day was beautiful and sunny (if a bit chilly), so in the lull between breakfast and presents, and dinner, we decided to go for a run along the trail that goes around my Parents' housing development. My mom said it was about three miles. I think it was probably a bit less than that. I can't figure out how to get a satellite view on Map my Run, so I can't map it out for sure since it was on trails and not roads.

I worked in a rotating schedule of 3 minutes of running followed by 1 minute of walking, and I completed the run in 29:28.

The trail has a stretch that goes right along the Potomac river, and it was a gorgeous day. I really enjoyed the run, and I never had to walk during a run period - even after I ran for the first 6 minutes stright when I accidentally set my interval timers for 3 hours and 1 hour instead of 3 minutes and 1 minute. I figured that out when I started feeling like the first 3 minutes were taking FOREVER. After taking a quick break to reset the interval timers on my watch I ran for the next 3 minutes, too - so I actually ran for most of the first 9 minutes or so.

1 comment:

Ev said...

Thank goodness you figured out the timer thing early on. That could have been ugly. Great tenacity, getting a run in on such a classically potato couch and eat-all-day kind of day--Christmas. Woo hoo, you're so hooked!

Post a Comment