Saturday, September 27, 2008 by Daniel

The Final Fight Gone Bad

Today was FGB3, and the culmination of three weeks of FGB-specific training. Max has promised that we won't need to do FGB again for several months. Hallelujah! That said, today was actually pretty good - particularly since I was worried about my ankle dragging my score down.

* 21 hour fast *
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

ExerciseSet 1Set 2Set 3
SDHP 75#161616
Box Jump 20"
212121
Push-Press 75#
111111
Row161716
Wall-Ball 20#161614

For a total score of 239 RX(i). 14 points better than last week. I couldn't do box JUMPS because of my ankle, so I did step-ups - everything else was RX.

The plan was to do the same thing I did last week, only with one more rep per exercise per round, which should have given me a score 15 points higher. It nearly worked out that way, too. Damn you, wall-ball! I didn't realize the end of the round was so close, and paused just a little too long for breath - my 15th wallball left my hands after Max called time, so didn't count. Fortunately, I accidentally did 17 calories of rowing in the second round (my eyes were closed), so only wound up ONE MEASLY POINT below goal. Oh well - I can live with that.

I expected the step-ups to be easier than the jumps, but they weren't, really - Max pointed out that it's the same amount of work (ie, moving the same amount of weight the same distance), which is true, but primarly they're just so damn SLOW that they filled the whole minute, only giving me a few seconds to catch my breath before the push-presses. When jumping, I was able to sit and rest for ~20 seconds, which made a real difference - so they felt about equivalent.

No comments:

Post a Comment