Saturday, September 20, 2008 by Daniel

Fight Gone Bad....again

*18.5 hour fast *

Apparently Max's grand scheme for training us for the big charity FGB next week is to do a whole lot of workouts in the FGB scheme, capped by a real FGB every weekend. It wasn't really much of a surprise, but when Rebecca looked up the workout this morning and reported it was FGB again, we both had a moment of "aw, shit...maybe we should call in sick."

The mojo was not strong. Even after 9 hours of sleep my shoulders were still sore enough to border on "alarming," and I didn't have the sense of kick-assery that I woke up with last week. Still, like good little soldiers we suited up and headed down to battle.

I partnered up with James again, and this time he got to go first, which was good. He actually had a strategy in mind, which honestly hadn't occurred to me and inspired me to come up with one as well, which made me more interested in doing the workout since I had a concrete goal to work towards.

So with that in mind, check out THIS bad-assness:
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

ExerciseSet 1Set 2Set 3
SDHP 75#151515
Box Jump 20"
202020
Push-Press 75#
101010
Row151515
Wall-Ball 20#151515

For a total score of 225. 4 points better than last week.

Yeah, baby! Absolute consistency. Definitely a very different feel from before - early rounds feel quite easy, like you really shouldn't be stopping with 30 seconds left on the clock, but the late rounds, my God, were nightmarish. It was good to do it this way, though...I'm not really sure which method I prefer. Next week I'm thinking doing the same thing, just one rep more for each exercise - which would put me at 240, an admirable score for someone like me, I think. This is doable, I think, with a combination of a stronger attitude heading in and more efficient resting (ie, deeper breaths) in the breaks that I give myself.

Oh, I also did 30 burpees before and 39 after. 69, dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment