Wednesday, July 9, 2008 by Daniel

Angie

First, the good news: I ran 800m in 2:47 during the warmup, which is Level III! I didn't even feel like I was pushing super-hard.

Then, the bad news:

For time:
100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

45:22, not quite RX'd

Pullups: 23:40
Pushups: 10:43
Situps: 6:11
Squats: 4:50

I managed 60 kipping pullups before I switched to weight-assisted pullups (70#). This is far more 100% BW pullups than I've ever done (like five times more), since I'm still somewhat new to kipping, but it really took a toll. I had to rest a lot, and gave up when I was down to sets of three or I would have been there all night. The pushups and situps also seemed far harder than I remember them being, but I suspect that's primarily due to the additional exhaustion from the pullups (kipping really works the abs). So it's a disappointing time, but still an overall improvement from the last Angie I did (which was 10 minutes faster, but much more scaled). Next time it comes around, hopefully I can do it RX'd and faster.

1 comment:

MBL100 said...

Don't worry about the times, just get it RX!

Post a Comment