Friday, October 16, 2009 by Rebecca

An individual WOD as part of a team WOD

Warm up: Run 400m ME

WOD:
In two teams:

Each team will pick one card from The Hopper Deck for each athlete present, plus two additional cards (limit strength WODs and WODs without fixed reps will be thrown out and a new card picked).

Each team will perform the entire volume in any order they desire. WODs can be done as designed, broken up or combined.

Each team will have access to 1/2 of the available equipment, regardless of the draw. The squat rack will not be used.

Each team will have five minutes from the time the volume is collated to plan: the WOD will then begin, ready or not.

Our team decided to hit individual cards individually, and then all contribute to the high chipper WOD cards.

I ended up with the card for :

Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
50 Squats

Results:
400m/50 squats
2:05 / 2:26
2:18 / 2:38
2:19 / 2:57
2:26 / 3:11

20:23

Comments:

I've done this WOD once before

My time today was not that much better - only about 1:30. But my running was pretty consistent, and i was really trying to work on my squat form - keeping my knees out and my back up as much as possible, so I was not blazing through the squats. So I'm happy enough with my performance.

Once I was done with this, I helped out the rest of the team by doing some burpees and some kettlebell swings - i'm not sure what WOD they were for. Our team finished long before the other team - but they had drawn cards with a much higher volume than we had, so most of our team actually chipped in to help them finish their WODs out. I did some more burpees.

As far as the Zone goes, I'm not sure whether I'm seeing much in the way of performance gains, but my energy seems better. I'll save more commentary about my experience so far for a separate dedicated post.

No comments:

Post a Comment