Wednesday, June 24, 2009 by Daniel

Handstand Helen

Woke up still a little stiff from the weekend, but at a manageable level.

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
21 1.5/1.0P Kettlebell Swings
12 Handstand push-ups

20:47 RX

The runs were fast. The KB Swings were unbroken, and without rest after the runs. Nearly the entire time was spent on HSPU's. Mine suck. I haven't figured out how to kip them yet, so I was doing strict partials. VERY partial, but quite strict - I can't do it very well at all resting my ass or legs against the wall, so only the backs of my heels touch - this makes it close to a freestanding HSPU, but since I'm not terribly strong overhead the ROM is just a few inches. And I can only do them in sets of 3 with long breaks. This is definitely a skill I could improve on, but I also feel like there's a benefit to doing them strict - I use my hips for so much, and really could stand the focused work on getting things overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment