Thursday, April 30, 2009 by Daniel

Strength Cycle Week 8, part 1, aborted

God, apparently, does not want me to get strong. Despite the cold I went down to the gym to get in the strength workout, which proved fairly disastrous.

Back Squats x 3: 135 - 145- 155

...And that's where I stopped. My body was sending all sorts of "this is a really bad idea" signals - from pain in the ankle at the bottom of the squat (a first), to extreme degradation of form at low weights, and finally to extreme wooziness to near-blackout. OK, fine, I can take a fucking hint.

In related news: I am feeling very annoyed and somewhat concerned that, in the handful of weeks since I started eating meat, this is now my THIRD bout of sickness. Before, I hardly ever got sick - maybe once a year. What is up with that?

2 comments:

MBL100 said...

I eat tons of meat and only get sick one or two times a year. Coincidence? Another factor? Stress?

- Anyway, back off, take the next week at 50% and I mean really 50% volume then go back at 90% of where you were, then repeat your last successful strength workout, then try today's workout again. I would be really surprised if this did not work.

MBL100 said...

PS - small linear progress over long periods of time is the way to go - the stronger you get the harder it gets to improve (as you know), otherwise I would certainly be benching 1K by now!

Post a Comment