Monday, October 17, 2011 by Rebecca

2011-10-17


5 Rounds For Time of:
10 Deadlifts 225/155 (63#)
15 Wall Ball 20/14 (6#)
30 Double Unders ( 15 10" Box Jumps)

+ The deadlifts should be light enough that you can do each round in 1-2 sets. Loss of neutral spinal alignment will result in your workout being stopped! Make sure to pick a load and if necessary a pulling height that allows you to execute 50 solid reps.
+ If you don't have double unders, today's substitution is 15 Box Jumps.

16:16 - just slightly over 3 min per round consistently across all 5 rounds

I had thought I'd be able to manage 83# deadlifts.  They were really too heavy, and my form was lousy, so at Laurel's urging I went lighter and just tried to keep my form legit.  Basically the whole workout was a mental exercise in mastering form faults.  Most of my workouts are these days.  It means I'm going a lot lighter than I would like - A) because I lost a lot of strength during my pregnancy, and B) I also lost a lot of coordination (and it wasn't even that good to begin with).

But the goal is to get stronger without injuring myself, and to fix the myriad and multiple form faults I've always had, and that means taking several steps back before I can go forward.  Frustrating, but there's no question it's the right thing to do.

My left knee felt kind of beat up after the workout - I'm pretty sure it was the box jumps.  No matter how hard I focus, I just can't figure out how to consistently land on both feet, so my left leg gets a lot of abuse.  I probably need to work on jumping to an even smaller target where I can manage to land lightly (although I'm not sure i can manage that just even jumping up and down on the ground :-p ).

No comments:

Post a Comment