Sunday, February 14, 2010 by Daniel

Oly Cycle Week 5 Day 2

Warmup: 2 rounds of 10 wall squats & 75 sec active squat holds. Burgener warmup.

Technique:
Snatch x 1: 70-75-80-85-85
Clean & Jerk x 1: 95-100-105-110-115

The weight is getting heavy enough on the snatch that I can no longer just keep going up and maintain good form. Once I get over 80/85, I start power-snatching and riding the weight down, which is unacceptable. So now I'm going until I start doing that, and staying at that weight trying to convince my body to get underneath it and catch it.

The clean and jerks are better, but I'm still have trouble with jumping forward on the clean. I've taken to doing my cleans with my toes on a line in the floor, as a disincentive to jump and a means of measuring my fault. Gita and Polly tell me it's due to early arm pull and not coming to full extension, leaving the bar in front of me in space where I have to jump forward to get under it.

Strength:
Overhead squat x 5: 95(3)-95(4)-95(5)
Ring Dip x 5: 5(2)-5(3)-5(4)

Unsurprising that I should start failing the OHS at 95# - I have a mental block about that weight, for some reason. The ring dips continue to be extremely difficult, even with just five pounds. With both movements, my reps went up due to feeling more comfortable with the weight.

Flex: various static holds, PNF hamstring with strap. Ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment