Sunday, February 14, 2010 by Rebecca

2-14-2010 - Isabel

Warmup - row 1000m, drill pracitice, 10 pushups, 10 burpees, a couple pullup attempts on a strangely slippery bar - pullups have gone missing again :-(

WOD:
"Isabel"

Snatch 135/95 lbs

30 reps for time

Technically, this is 30 reps ground to overhead without touching the shoulders. You must have the bar at full lockout at the end of each rep and have all of your joints fully extended. Set up the bar and blaze through for time using form that is safe.

CrossFit Competitors:

Gita's Isabel:

Full Squat Snatch 135/95 lbs. This is the original "old-school" Isabel but it has devolved or evolved, depending upon your perspective, to the above over time.

30 reps for time

Via Gita: "Make each rep technically and mechanically efficient/safe". Do not sacrifice form for speed.

30 30# power snatches in 3:06 (clearly not heavy enough)

I wanted to try to do this the Gita version - but the 15# bar was in use, and my knees have been unhappy, so deep squats didn't seem to be the greatest idea. So I took the empty 30# bar. I didn't have a prayer of squat snatching it, but I had it in my head that a 30# snatch was close to my 1RM (which is one reason I did not add any weight - the other is that we were low on plates) - looking at my records page, it turns out not to be the case, so much - 45# is my 1 rm, and 30# is my 5rm for OHS. I think I did a reasonably good job of keeping it close to my body on the way up and dropping under it at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment