Friday, October 23, 2009 by Rebecca

Team WOD - winner!

Warmup:
was quite late, missed the warmup.

WOD:
In teams of 2 or 3

Run One Mile

30 Box Jumps 24/20
30 Muscle-Ups (or 120 pull-ups + 120 dips)
30 Handstand Push-Ups
30 Back Squat 135/185
30 Deadlift 135/185
30 Push-Press 95/65
30 Thruster 95/65
30 Kettlebell Swings 2.0/1.5P
30 Burpees
30 Double-Unders

Run One Mile

Partition the movements as needed. Athletes may assist each other with movements, as long as they work through the full range of motion. Start and finish with a team mile run.

Results:
46:?? I failed to stop my watch properly. My team came in first!! I got split times for the miles, but that was it.

My first mile was actually a PR - despite having to walk a portion of the second lap due to a really horrible side stitch. I did two laps - no driveway - in 9:46. My previous no driveway record is 10:12 - a 26 second improvement! I finished the first lap in something like 4:34, and the running felt really strong and easy - I was doing really well at keeping up with the girls ahead of me - even felt like i might be able to pass one of them, and then the sidestitch actually just kind of surprised me. My energy still felt realy good, and my air even felt good - usually I feel like i can't get enough breath in when i start to cramp up, but that was not the case today. I even had enough energy - despite the impending cramp - to pour on a little extra gas for the last 50 meters or so.

My team split up the exercises where we could with each person doing all he reps of the exercises they could do. Fortunately, despite having two of the weaker girls in the class, our third member was probably the strongest guy in class, so it was a good break down. He was able to churn out all the heavy stuff like nothing.Half way through class Max switched the backsquats to 135/95 - but Robin had already done all 30 at 185.

I took on the burpees and the double unders on my own. The burpees were fine. I had to do the double unders 1 at a time, but i had a much lower failure rate than I have had with them in the past - I'd say I probably made about 80-85% of my attempts. That's MUCH higher than the 40-50% (maybe even less) successful attempt rate I've had before.

With the team, I helped with 10 assisted deadlifts, 20 assisted HSPU - Robin basically just lifted me up and down while offered what limited help I could. And I also did 30 assisted muscleups - I guess technically, they're my first ;-) - I sat on Robin's shoulders and he basically squatted me while I went through the motions of a muscle up. - I did do some of the work - but he really did most of it. He was an incredibly good sport, and probably got about twice or three times as much of a workout as either of the other of us, but it was a good team effort.

My second run was actually much more decent than I thought it would be - it was 10:37 - also no driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment