Wednesday, October 21, 2009 by Rebecca

So much more energy!

Warmup:
  • ME
  • 8 or 9 kipping pullup attempts(was supposed to be 20 pullups) - I actually made the first 2 - consecutively! - though they still weren't pure kip - i still had to pull the last few inches on both reps,but I wasn't getting even close by rep 8 or 9.
  • 30 pushups
  • 30 air-squats(was supposed to be 40) - i was having a terrible time with form on these - i kept falling backwards,
  • 50 partner situps. i was partnered with Suen - we weren't the first to start because i insited on grabbing a mat - but we finished before several other pairs
  • timed 400m run either 1:58 or 1:59 - which either meets or beats my prior 400m pr! AND the first part of it was kind of ginger and slow because my ankles really don't like running when i first start - and frequently threaten to send me sprawling but after the 200m turn around (when my ankles were warm and the sun was no longer in my eyes) I managed to pass one girl and nearly pass a second.

WOD:
Four rounds for time of:
Walking lunge 50 meters
Sit-ups, 50 reps

Finisher:
Run 800m

Results:
Round
Lunges
Situps
Round
Elapsed
1
3:20
2:10
5:30
5:30
2
3:58
2:01
5:59
11:29
3
4:00
2:07
6:07
17:36
4
3:38
1:44
5:22
22:58

Comments:
I am very pleased with how this went. I mean - I still hate walking lunges - but now it is far more about balance than strength. My lame-brain balance slowed me down so much today that I still had lots of gas left in the tank at the end of the workout (hence the untimed 800m finisher). The other thing I am extremely pleased about is despite the fact that i was by FAR the slowest walking lunger, I always made up time on the situps, and I actually finished ahead of three other people.

I don't actually remember the last time my energy was this good. After a pretty rocky start, i really feel like the Zone is finally starting to work for me, particularly now that I have pushed my daily block count up to 12. At 11 I was hungry all the time, and consequently, angry and irritable all the time, too.

I've really been working my dead-hang pullups on the bar in our kitchen doorway the past few days. I've never been as close as I am now. I can regularly and repeatedly get my arms past a 90 degree angle from full lockout at the bottom - it's just the last few inches that seem to be eluding me. Daniel suggested that i try jumping to the top, lowering just a little and then pulling back up to the top. That sounds hard - and totally useful - so that is what I will work on for the next few days and see if that helps. I was pretty excited about my two pullups in class today - they were the closest I've come to a real kip yet. and they were consecutive. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment