Friday, July 17, 2009 by Daniel

Yogain

According to this blog, I haven't taken a yoga class since May 2, 2008 - over a year ago. Tonight we went to an Ashtanga class at Ironworks for a bit of variety, and because we both feel our functional flexibility is somewhat lacking.

It was a humbling experience. I am not perceptibly stronger or better at ANY pose, and several of them feel quite a bit worse. Maybe it was because I was exceptionally sore, but my body simply felt locked up most of the time.

I liked Matt, the instructor - he's a bit woowoo, but what do you expect in a yoga class in Berkeley? He's good about going around the room and physically making adjustments to the class participants, which I think is really important.

I felt better afterwards. I wish I had time to do this a couple times a week, even on my own, but as it is I expect we'll be sneaking back in whenever we get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment