Wednesday, July 1, 2009 by Rebecca

Fast and Hard

Warmup: run 800m, ME, WOD skill drills

WOD:
Two Rounds

6 HSPU *Pike Pushup
15 Old-School Pull-Ups (chin over bar) *jumping pullup
21 Burpees
30 Double-unders *4x single unders
15 Push-Jerk 155#/105# *50#

Go fast and hard. If you are not competent at a movement, sub in a progression. If you cannot do the push-jerks in sets of 3-5, scale back.

Results:
18:22

Exercise
Round 1
Round 2
HSPU
0:17
1:02
Pull-ups
0:52
1:02
Burpees
1:58
2:05
Jump Rope
3:54
2:02
Push Jerks
2:38
2:32
Total
9:39
18:22


Comments:
Since Max said the goal of this workout was to go fast and hard, pretty much everything was subbed. I started off trying to do double unders, and just couldn't get them. (my rope was too long, and tying a knot in one side didn't help all that much.) After about 2 minutes I only had about 8. So I switched to 4 x single unders to keep my heart rate up. That's why round 2 went so much faster. my handle fell off at about rep 85 or so, or round 2 would have been faster still.

I think I probably did a mixture of push-presses and push-jerks. Sometimes it just felt ... right. I think those were the times when i caught the bar properly overhead instead of slightly forward as I tend to do.

Round 2 HSPU time is long entirely due to the transition time of going back upstairs from outside, it probably only took me 20 seconds or so to actually do 6 piking pushups.

I'm very pleased with my Burpee times. They average out to 5.6 and 5.9 seconds/burpee in rounds 1 & 2 respectively, which is a really good time for me - I'm counting 5.6 as a PR. Burpees are frequently part of a round of other things, and I don't always get a time just specifically for the burpees, so it's the fastest time from the workouts where I can calculate it. I used to only be able to get about 7 burpees in a minute (about 8.6 sec per) so this is a definite improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment