Sunday, June 28, 2009 by Daniel

Finally getting caught up

Only a few days behind in my posting...since I programmed and led the team WODs, I took the regular class on Sunday so as to still get a workout in.

Run 800 Meters
25 Pull-Ups
50 Burpees
75 Push-Ups
100 KB swings 1.5/1.0P
Run 800 meters

28:50 RX

I came in first, which never happens - I only got it here because the class was mostly full of new athletes, and Jim and James half-assed it and didn't keep time. It still felt good. I must confess, the thing that kept driving me through this workout was "this is so much easier than what I'm about to put the team through, so I can't slack."

Once again, the major limiting factor was the pushups. I did rounds of 5-10-15-20, but wound up mushing together the pushups and burpees to be 5push-5burp-5push-5burp-5push. I don't know if that sped anything up, but it felt like it granted my chest a brief reprieve. It might have been smarter to put the KB swings between the burpees and pushups, but that didn't occur to me until afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment