Wednesday, June 10, 2009 by Daniel

Shorter and heavier

At first glance, this workout looks quite familiar. But it's 20# heavier than that workout, with fewer reps and shorter runs...I can't figure out if that's supposed to make it more intense or more strengthy.

Run 400 Meters
15 Power Snatch 115#/75#
Run 400 Meters
15 OHS 115#/75#
Run 400 Meters
15 Power Clean 115#/75#
Run 400 Meters
15 Front Squat 115#/75#

21:22 (Snatch @ 95#, OHS @ 75#, otherwise RX)

Due to some confusion with the watch, I don't have splits for this one, but I have some observations nonetheless:
  • Snatches 10# heavier, and were heavy, but definitely doable. I didn't even have to split snatch until the last few.
  • OHS were the same weight, but were considerably easier. I even did a set of eight consecutive! I'm eager to get better at these.
  • Cleans were 8/7, as were front squats
  • Back hurts again, like it did before.
All in all a good one, but (again) I need to be stricter with my form.

2 comments:

MBL100 said...

You can figure out the relative intensity of WODs here:

http://www.cathletics.com/resources/powerOutput.php

MBL100 said...

Oops but not ones with runs in them.

Post a Comment