Friday, June 5, 2009 by Daniel

Hallelujah

Actually finished tonight's WOD! For the first time in four Fridays. Not well, though, and it was a pretty close call about halfway through.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 3, 2, 1 reps for time of:
Power Cleans (155lbs)
Ring Dips
KB Swings (24kg)

31:30 (cleans @ 125#, pullups instead of dips)

I did not climb this morning, in hopes that my arms wouldn't hurt for the workout. They did anyway - quite a lot, actually. Which means the Friday problem ISN'T the climbing, which is a relief. It must be heavy bench press the night before? Well, next week won't have that, so we'll see. Maybe my Fridays are just cursed.

Everyone seems surprised when I tell them I can only clean up to 135#. I'm not sure why my clean weight is so low. The distance the bar needs to travel, maybe? Shitty technique? Low power output? Probably all of those. Hopefully the Oly cycle I have planned for after the Games will address that shortcoming, and at least get me up to RX weight.

These cleans felt horrible, but I got them all, usually in sets of 2-3. Mainly split cleans, which gets me lower than power cleans. I think I may have bruised my breastbone. I subbed pullups for the ring dips because the dips were extremely hard on my biceps, and the pullups felt doable. The KB swings were a nice little bit of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment