Wednesday, February 11, 2009 by Daniel

Half-Cindy meets Crankypants

I don't know if it's coincidence or what, but apparently my body got the memo that I was planning a half-volume recovery week and decided, "what the hell, might as well get that cold out of the way, then." I'd been holding strong against Rebecca's little beasties, and thought I was in the clear, until my throat started hurting on Sunday.

So now I'm sick. Not SUPER-sick - I'd rate it a 3 or a 4 out of 10 - but that doesn't mean I'm not pissed about it. I've dubbed this "the cranky cold," as it seems to come with a generous helping of foul temper. I snapped at my boss yesterday, and thought it better to take the day off today. Then I proceeded to completely fritter the day away, rather than being productive and getting shit done, as I'd hoped. This just made me crankier.

I hope it ends soon. I'm ready to move on.

At least I'm not trying to push through full-volume workouts, since I'd already set aside the week for recovery. At first I was sad to see Cindy on the board for today, as I'd be curious to know what my score is, but two rounds in I was glad I wasn't in it for the full ride.

"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups (C2B)
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

6 rounds RX in 10 minutes.

This SUCKED. I figured I would shoot for virtuosity, though, since I wouldn't be shooting for a good score. My chest touched the bar on every pullup, and the floor on every pushup, and I did the squats with great deliberation in form. I ran out of steam very quickly, though, and spent a disappointing amount of time sucking wind (and just generally sucking). This is not a good pace - I don't know if I'll ever get a good score at this with the Ironworks pullup bar, but it's easy enought to test on my own with the rings.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 5x5's, and I'm not sure how helpful that would be at half-weight, or if I should just skip them. At the moment, I'm thinking maybe I'll go down, do the light deadlifts, and then do goblet squats or something to work on my non-GM back squat form.

No comments:

Post a Comment