Wednesday, February 11, 2009 by Rebecca

Cindy

Warmup: 600-800m power walking to the gym with heavy gym bag, purse, lunch bags and an umbrella. Otherwise - not much because I was late. THere was 90 seconds of hollow rocking - and that was ROUGH - especially since my abs JUST stopped being sore from the knees to chest we did on Saturday.

WOD:
Cindy
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

Results:
10 Rounds + 7 pushups - no watch malfunctions!

Round
TimeElapsed
1
1:23
1:23
2
1:30
2:53
3
1:43
4:36
4
1:53
6:29
5
2:34*
9:03
6
1:29*
10:32
7
2:24
12:56
8
2:09
15:05
9
2:14
17:19
10
1:47
19:06
7 pushups
0:54
20:00
*I forgot to hit the time until a couple pushups into the next round so round 5 is long and round 6 is short.

Comments:
Ok - here is why I love having this blog. I finished this workout, and thought. Meh. I've done better - this really wasn't that great. I get home, I check my last score, and find out that at the very least I matched my PR, or possibly exceeded it by an entire round (there were round counting difficulties last time - though looking at the math, i probably matched my performance from last time). So - hardly the 'less-than-stellar' performace I thought it to be, and I know for sure that this time, my form on all exercises was a heck of a lot better.

For the pullups, I was jumping from a lower box(the second smallest), so my pull-ups had to have a lot more pull in them, and there were a couple rounds where i repeated my last rep to make sure i got my chin to the bar. Therefore, in general, they took a bit longer than last time. Last time, the pullups were much more of a perfunctory: jump up 5 times and get on to the pushups.

Last time, i had to resort to knee pushups for the full last round or two to get it in under the wire. This time, I did not. I had a few knee pushups sprinkled through the sets when I tried to eke out a last rep before resting and just didn't have the juice to get back up, but on the whole, all pushups were full ROM. Last time My sets were generally 4-2-2-1. This time, they were generally 5-3-2.

I think my squats generally took a bit longer this time because I was trying very consciously to have good form and good depth, and if my knees were wobbling or i wasn't getting deep enough I'd stop and take breath and reset, instead of just continuing with half-assed reps.

So, all in all, I'm much more pleased with how I did tonight than I thought I would be. I don't mind having the same round time since I was making a conscious effort to be deliberate about good form, and while I was moving at a pretty good clip, I know there's room in there to go faster and be better once I have my form nailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment