Saturday, January 17, 2009 by Daniel

Fears conquered here

I really don't know why I've been so apprehensive about the 100 24kg snatches. Maybe it's because the first time I tried to put that weight over my head, I thought my arm might snap. But it really wasn't that bad, actually - the 32kg swings were more painful.

for time: 100 kb snatches, 1.5 pood

10:09 RX

I did these about 60/40 right/left, I think. I didn't really keep close track. One annoying thing: the tape grips I made did protect my callouses, but they also quickly wore out the cloth backing, exposing the adhesive on the other side. So the kettlebell was literally sticking to my hand, and I had to either flip it hard enough to break the adhesion, or else let it pull my handwrap with it. Either way was painful. I wish there was a better way.

The level II skill for KB snatches is simply "30 each arm." Presumably, this means consecutive, which I did not do today (the most I did in a run was 20). However, since I did 160% of the volume, I'm going to count it. Someday maybe I'll test myself specifically for this skill, but I'm confident I could do it, so I'm not going to stress myself out about it.

In other good news: after class today, I was feeling a bit ambitious and had a little time, so I set up the rings to try and hit the 20-pullup skill (for whatever reason, kipping pullups are far easier on the rings for me). It's been a long time since I've even attempted this, and last time I tried I think I got 12. Well, I made it today! Chest-to-bar isn't really applicable on rings, but they were all clavicle-to-ring, which is...kinda close. I dunno, really.

1 comment:

Melissa Urban said...

Wow - what an awesome day! Nice job on the snatches, and I'm super impressed with the ring pull-ups. I haven't tried kipping on rings in ages... I wonder how they'd go? (And if I'd find them easier, like you do.) Kick-ass, my friend - way to go!

Post a Comment