Monday, January 19, 2009 by Daniel

Climbing summary

Dropped the ball on my blogging this weekend, so let's see if I can remember what I did:

Sunday climbing at Diablo Rock w/Kacey & Brian:

10a(o), 10d(o), 10c(f++), ML10b(o)

Notable were the 10d, a slab climb that was just a series of giant gumdrops many feet apart. Tricky and delicious. The 10c was unbelievably pumpy, with small holds up and over a very steep roof - that climb wrecked me. The 10b was just to show Brian what lead climbing was.

Monday climbing at GWPC:

10b(o), ML10b(o), 10d(f)

I mock-led the test 10b again, and it was really easy. After much hemming and hawing, I finally got up the nerve to ask the front desk if I could take the lead test, but I was too late - they were understaffed. I resolved to try again in two weeks, but have remembered that I won't be able to do any social climbing in February due to a work commitment, so I think I may try it during one of my morning climbs with Tor.

No comments:

Post a Comment