Wednesday, November 26, 2008 by Daniel

Helen: getting closer

The gym was CROWDED tonight. Due to the holiday, they closed at 6, and class was at 5. Everyone was getting in their pre-thanksgiving climbing, so the workout involved lots of dodging cars and people and folks lounging by the rings where I was trying to workout. Maybe I should've just kicked one of them while kipping. Oops.

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings
12 Pull-ups

12:54 RX (PR!)
Splits: 3:50 | 4:27 | 4:37
(Last time: 3:48 | 5:18 | 6:56)

A PR by a little over 3 minutes, and now I feel like I'm within striking distance of the Level II standard (11:30). The time killers here are A) the transitions and B) the pullups. The pullups I can address, and I think I'm going to embark on the twenty-deadhang program I've been wanting to do for a while. When I can do all three rounds of pullups unbroken, I think I'll be in business. I'm not sure what, if anything, I can do about the transitions - unless and until they put a pullup bar outside. If I can maintain my first round's time throughout, I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment