Friday, November 7, 2008 by Daniel

Has anyone seen my pullups?

I've lost them. Ever since the burpee/pullup workout a couple weeks back, when I did 120 of them, I haven't been able to string together more than a handful of kipping pullups at a time. At first it was that my muscles did not feel up to the task, and then it was that I seem to have lost my kip. It's frustrating.

Anyway, today we did 5x5's, only we ran out of time (had dinner with my folks), so we only made it through the squats.

Back Squat: 135 x 5

Felt better than last week. I'm contemplating switching to front squats, to better practice for thrusters and cleans.

And OK, so I know the Smith machine is supposed to be evil and everything, but we messed around with it a little bit after doing our regular squats, and I think it could be useful as a warmup tool to kinesthetically feel the proper bar path. I did a few back squats on the Smith machine with just a little weight on the bar, and it felt really good at telling my how far back I really SHOULD be. I think I might throw a set or two on the Smith machine into my warmup, until I have the form nailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment