Wednesday, September 10, 2008 by Daniel

Fight Gone Bad...ish.

*17 hour fast*

Morning workout
50 Burpees, sprint sets
followed by brisk walk to work

Could have been brisker. Think I need to choose high-energy music to keep my heartrate elevated for this.

Evening workout
Three rounds of:
Kettlebell Thruster 12KG#x2/16KG#x2 pounds (Reps)
Kettlebell Swings 28KG#/20KG (Reps)
Burpees (Reps)
Kettlebell Front Squat, 32KG#/24KG# (Reps)
Hang Power Clean 95#/65# (Reps)

ExerciseSet 1Set 2Set 3
HPC1187
Thruster
1075
KB Swing
1298
Burpees1077
Front Sq
597

For a total score of 127. (Nearly RX - I used 24kg for the Front Squats.)

My last FGB was 184, two and a half months ago. Max said he intended this to be 50-100% harder than a regular FGB, which bears out in my score (~70% of my last score). I should have shot for 10 every exercise, every round - I think I could have done it. Though that may have been too much, I dunno.

I did have a grand total of 20 grams of carbohydrates today before this workout, after intentionally depleting my glycogen this morning, so I did NOT have a great deal of fuel to work with. That said, it didn't seem any more or less grueling than it normally would have. In fact, on the bike ride down after work I felt really good and energetic...a spike that was effectively gone by the time the warmup was over.

I'll be curious to see if I'm sore tomorrow. I feel worked, but not crushed, and I think the fasting IS improving my recovery times.

Update: Yeah, my shoulders/deltoids are quite sore - particularly my right shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment