Friday, September 12, 2008 by Daniel

Busy day

* 20.5 hour fast *

Climbing w/Tor @ BIW: 10a, 10b/c(o), 10c(o), 10c(f), 10b(o)

Good climbing. Yesterday's sharp pain in my shoulder dimmed down to a dull ache after a solid 9 hours' sleep, and while my finger did complain, it didn't yell at me or call me vulgar names. Think it's slowly mending. The climbs felt solid in a nice, surprising kind of way - I suspect it's the lower bodyweight - but I didn't have the nerve to step back up to a 10d quite yet. Once the finger's better.

Followed that up with:
61 Burpees, sets of 10
30 minutes easy jogging (6MPH pace)

Which was much like it was last week - really hard, then really boring.

All my dawdling at the gym today made me late for a client meeting in the city this afternoon, so I didn't have time to break my fast before heading over there. This resulted in an unusually long fast, the longest I've done yet. It wasn't actually THAT bad, since I was busy so could turn my mind to other things, but the last hour or so while doing the grocery shopping and dealing with getting home was taxing on my patience. Came home and make a big 4-egg scramble with veggie sausage and spinach, and now it feels better.

No workout tonight. We're going to stay in and watch 'The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly'. We'll do the CF class tomorrow morning, where it will probably be my first real metcon while fasted. Curious to see how that goes.

1 comment:

Melissa Urban said...

Hi Daniel!!! I was psyched to get your comment, thanks for checking me out. I love your blog, I'll have to spend some time checking it all out. Keep in touch!

Post a Comment