Friday, July 4, 2008 by Daniel

Running with Ravens

We're heading out of town today for our anchor-building seminar in Bear Valley, so didn't have time to join the crew for today's WOD. Instead we did it on our own up on the track above Clark Kerr, which is really nice and super-convenient, and had a certain otherworldly air, shrouded in fog and invaded by a dozen ravens cawing and squabbling on the field and perching on the fence watching us. I imagine we'll be going up there for running stuff pretty often, since it's so close and easy.

Anyway, today's Independence Day WOD, as concocted by Max:

400 Meter Run X 4
Run 400 meters every 5 minutes on the fifth minute.
Post splits to comments.


1:20.7 | 1:22.1 | 1:26.4 | 1:28.1

Followed immediately by your choice of Pull-Up or Push-Up Ladder:

With a continuously running clock do one rep the first minute, two reps the second minute, three reps the third minute... continuing as long as you are able. Use as many sets each minute as needed.


Push-ups, completed round 15.

Morning workouts are not my strength - I'm just so sluggish in the AM, and these were before I'd even eaten anything, which (I think) explains my relatively poor 400m times. I certainly never FELT fast, particularly after the first 100m.


OK, off on our climbing adventure. Back Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment