Thursday, July 10, 2008 by Daniel

Rowing & 5x5's

Think I'm going to be moving 5x5's to Thursdays, so I can do them with Rebecca, and because they're getting too hard to do right after climbing. Today I wanted to get a sense of my rowing times for the Level 2 skills, though, so we did some rowing as part of the warmup.

Row 500m: 1:45
Row 2k: 7:25

The first is exactly the time for the skill level, but since I was pacing myself for the full 2k, I'm going to break the tie in my favor and say I can do it - if I had been sprinting all out just for the 500, I'd have been well under 1:45. So I met the skill level requirements, but only barely. Still, considering I can count the number of times I've sat down on a rowing machine on one hand, I'll take it.

5x5's

Back Squat: 125
Bench Press: 125

The BP was quite difficult, and I didn't know if I'd be able to pull it off. I was glad Rebecca was there to spot me in case I couldn't do it. Managed to make it this time, though! Squats felt good.

Am sore all over from Angie yesterday. Looking forward to the climbing comp tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment