Monday, July 7, 2008 by Daniel

Oddly tired

Climbing at IW:
10a, rope (25'), 10b, 10b

Ten feet off the ground on my first climb, I knew I was in trouble today. Just felt really tired, which I find odd and somewhat frustrating considering how little I exerted myself this weekend. Maybe it was all the time in the sun, or just the stress of travelling and three days where I'm sure I didn't meet my protein goal, or what, I dunno, but this morning sucked.

I did manage to climb the rope, though, which knocks off a Level 2 goal. I didn't get all the way to the top (my grip gave out), but I did get about 25' off the ground before I had to take a break. At first it felt quite easy, but after a while my grip just got to weak to hold myself up while pulling up my legs.

Didn't do the 5x5's, as I could tell from my condition that they'd be disappointing, if not injurious. So that's one week skipped - I'll get back on that horse this week, though with the climbing competition on Friday I'll probably need to do Friday's on Thursday or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment