Wednesday, July 30, 2008 by Daniel

Helen

Earlier today: Burpee challenge - 17 burpees

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1.5 pood Kettlebell x 21 swings
12 Pull-ups

16:02 RX (PR by 4:17!)
Splits: 3:48 | 5:18 | 6:56
(last time: 4:23 | 6:32 | 9:37)

The last time I did this was just a month ago, and came in at 20:19. Today was ~20% faster, which makes me very happy...and frankly pretty amazed that I could come that far in just a month.

My recollection of last time was that I blew myself out in the first round trying to sprint it, and had nothing for the next two rounds. So today I tried to pace myself, not sprinting the 400m and setting a steady pace for the swings. Turns out my first round was still 30 seconds faster today.

The pullups were MUCH better today, and I think that was the primary reason for the faster time. Having been GTGing heavily the past week, I was able to keep it to 2x6 sets with a short break between (I've been really working on limiting my rests to five slow, measured breaths).

I'm still 4:30 shy of level II, but it doesn't seem so far away now. I'm pretty sure it won't come until I can knock out the pullups in one set, but that should come as I continue to GTG my deadhangs every day. Here's hoping for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment