Thursday, July 24, 2008 by Rebecca

3x5

Warmup - Mobility Exercises, 11 burpees, run 400m

5 reps Back Squat: 45-50-55-55-55
5 reps Bench Press: 45-45-55f-55f-55f

1 rep Deadlift: 105(PR)-105-105-105-105


There were a couple reps interspersed throughout the back squats where i thought I might have to bail, but I always managed to pull it out. I think my last set may have been the best set in terms of depth and form.

With the bench press, once i moved up to 55# i always made it through the first 4 reps, and then failed on the 5th. On the 4th set, I racked the bar between the 4th and 5th rep and was able to complete the 5th rep, but it would have been a fail if i hadn't racked it. Hopefully I'll be able to complete a full set next week. If I don't have to do a bunch of push-presses and thrusters and burpees the day before, it's a good bet i'll do just fine ;-)

The deadlifts were sort of an afterthought - I just haven't done them in a long while, and I wanted to see if i could go any heavier. I could - 5 whole pounds .... and only barely that. I think i'll need to do these more often if i want to get better at them, instead of hoping they'll get better as my strength in general improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment