Tuesday, May 13, 2008 by Daniel

You Don't Know Squat

Made this one up:

For time:
50 Air Squat
10 HSPU
50 Front Squat (45#)
10 HSPU
50 OHS (45#)
10 HSPU
50 Back Squat (45#)
10 HSPU
50 Air Squat
10 HSPU

28:33

This was pretty darn hard, and accomplished just what I wanted it to: a CF-style workout that would also let me practice my squat form in all its varieties. The big lesson here is that my OHS is HORRIBLE. I was able to get down to parallel or below with everything else, but my OHS doesn't come close. My knees go forward, my back and wrists feel pinched...in short, my body just doesn't want to bend that way. So I definitely do some more research and work broomstick OHS into my regular warmup to further refine the form.

Ordered Starting Strength from Amazon today. That should help, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment