Wednesday, May 7, 2008 by Daniel

I don't know if I have the strength of will to not do anything for a week, though.


Turns out I don't.

Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps
Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps

SP: 80-85-90-95(PR)-95(f)-90(f)
PP: 80-85-90-90-95
PJ: 85-85-na-na-na

PR on the press, which is nice, but overall a bad workout. I didn't like jumping on my knee with weight on the Push Jerks, and as I got more tired I got more nervous of screwing up and what that would mean, so I stopped. The Y has also rearranged its weight room in preparation for a remodel, and it's CROWDED and confined and they took out some of my favorite equipment, so that's another reason to think about ditching the Y membership.

In general, I'm fighting some bad fitness juju these days. I'm freaked out and frustrated about dislocating both knees in one weekend. This is leading to some feelings of depression and inadequacy, which leads to feeling old and weak and fears that the weight I'm gaining is just fat, etc.

It's silly, as I'm definitely improving on stuff across the board, especially climbing (which is, I have to keep reminding myself, why I'm doing all this in the first place). It's slow, but measurable. I've known for a long time that I'm fighting an uphill battle as a thirty-something tall skinny vegetarian, so I just have to suck it up and get over it.

If only my knees would stop breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment