Monday, March 17, 2008 by Daniel

Nate

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:

2 Muscle-ups
4 Handstand Push-ups
8 2-Pood Kettlebell swings

Four rounds. Way too much waiting.

Well, this one was a lesson in frustration at my noobish technique. No rings at the Y, so I subbed 3:1 pullups/dips. Not a problem, except when waiting for the dip bars. The gym was so crowded I couldn't find a place to work on proper handstand technique, so after the first round I front-shoulder pressed 75#. Could go higher. For the KBs, I had to use dumbells and couldn't get a really satisfactory grip. Did 40# for the first round, 50# thereafter. Could do more when I get the form down. Mainly I just spent too much time waiting for spots to clear up, so it was very unsatisfactory.

Went to Noel's spin class, which was unusually hot. 840 calories.

Tracy clued me in that Ironworks has Crossfit classes, which has me very excited. Saturday mornings, and I totally want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment