Friday, March 7, 2008 by Daniel

Diane

Still sore as hell from the squats on Wednesday. Today's Rx was:

21-15-9 reps of:
225 pound Deadlift
Handstand push-ups

Which had me very nervous, as they're two exercises I've never done before. I started out with 185# DL on a Smith machine, but after 6 realized I'd never get to 21 without hurting myself, and dropped it down to 135, which I think was too low. (Afterwards I tried them without a Smith machine at 105#, and it actually felt better without the weight on a track). I did the full number of reps.

I wimped out on the HSPU's, feeling too nervous about falling or hurting myself or just making an ass out of myself, so I wound up just doing standing shoulder presses, full reps at 55#. Those were hard. I need to figure out how to do proper HSPU's, even if it's just off a bench.

Also started with the CF warmup today. 2 rounds of 5 Sampsons, 15 incline situps, 15 back extensions, 10 dips and 5 pullups. Forgot about the squats.

In general am feeling dissatisfied with my work today, and intend to go to Ironworks yoga tonight to compensate and get a little more ass-kicking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment