Tuesday, August 24, 2010 by Daniel

Hot fun in the summertime

It's summer at long last - months after it started for the rest of the country. Today got into the 90's, and for whatever reason, I was craving a scorcher workout in the sun - like we did last summer in games training. So I took off work a little earlier and headed to GWPC to catch up with this metcon in the blazing sun:

Run 400 Meters
21 Press 95/65
Run 400 Meters
21 Push-Press 95/65
Run 400 Meters
21 Push-Jerk 95/65

14:40 RX

It was HOT, but it felt good. The first round along took nearly 8 minutes, and was a basic strength workout - 95 pounds is a lot for me to press. The next two rounds got more metconny, and my throat and lungs were burning by the end. Max put a 15 minute limit on this one when CFEB did it a few days ago, and it was nice to know that I got in under the wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment