Monday, May 17, 2010 by Rebecca

2010-05-17

Warmup: Burpees, ME

Dowel DT:
5 Rounds
12 Deadlift
9 Hang Power Clean
6 Push-Jerk

5 minutes and change. I was first!

WOD 1:
20 Front Squats
60#
only made it to rep # 6

Wod # 2
Deadlift 7-7-7-7-7
do the first work set at 82.5% of your most recent one-rep max

125-135-138.5(x5)-137(x4)-0

Daniel got some video of my 138.5 attempt (i'll upload it later).

When the deadlifts get heavy, i start off ok, but about half way up I loose the arch in my back and I end up kind of rolling the rest of the way up - it's not pretty.

Daniel and I don't agree on the functional cause of why I am losing my form. he thinks it's originating with my hips - that I am tilting my pelvis back and that's what is causing the rounding. i think it's originating with my back - that the bar is pulling my shoulders forward and forcing me to loose the arch in my back. for the 137# set i really tried to focus on keeping my shoulder blades anchored to my back - and it seemed to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment