Monday, February 1, 2010 by Daniel

Oly Cycle Week 4 Day 1

Warmup: 2 rounds of 10 wall squats & 1 minute active squat holds. Burgener warmup.

Technique:
Snatch x 1: 65-70-75-80-85
Clean x 1: 90-95-100-105-110

Strength:
Front squat x 5: 110-110-110
Press x 5: 95(2)-95-95

Flex: just a little ball rolling

Mondays are going to be a bit tricky this month, as I have to be back at the Aurora at 7:30, which means doing the workout before class, leading class and rushing to work ASAP. I left work at 4, and had enough time to get through most of the workout - though I didn't get as much time to stretch as I would have liked.

The lifts went fairly well. At higher weights I'm power-snatching and riding down to the bottom of the squat, which I'm working on fixing but is primarily, I think, due to a lack of comfort at the bottom. My focus on the cleans is the lie-back at full extension on the second pull - I'm not getting the bar far enough back, and am jumping forward to get under it. I think today went better than last week, but didn't have anyone else there to provide feedback. On the jerks, I'm trying not to let my torso dip forward, but just do the short oompah-loompah thing Gita told me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment