Friday, January 15, 2010 by Rebecca

1-15-2010

Clean and Jerk Skill work.

I spent most of the class working with the 30# bar just on form. My form is so bad in so many ways, I think the best way for me to go about working on them is to work on the composite pieces and then work on stringing them together only once I've got the pieces down better.

I found this video on "tall cleans" - basically full squat cleans - but from standing.  I found this to be extremely useful as a training tool to work on teaching myself how to dive under the bar without having to navigate the two beginning pulls. 

By the end of the evening I even managed some full squat cleans - still only with the 30# bar, but I finally felt like I was really starting to understand the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment