Sunday, August 30, 2009 by Rebecca

Fight gone bad

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. We've used this in 3 and 5 round versions. The stations are:

1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
4. Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
5. Row: calories (Calories)

The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

For the experienced: the goal is to do 10% better than your previous Rx best. 1 minute after FGB is done, you owe 1 burpee for each rep below your goal.

My Goal: 133

ExerciseSet 1Set 2Set 3Total
Wall Ball
2
0
1
3
SDHP
11
11
10
32
Box Jump(Step up)
0
0
0
0
Push Press
7
6
6
19
Row
12
11
12
35
TOTAL
32
28
29
89


Finisher: 44 Burpees (I was actually expecting to have to do more, so I was relieved it was under 50). Somewhere in the realm of 7 or 8 minutes, i think. SUCKED. If Daniel hadn't needed someone to yell at him, I think I might have curled up in a ball and cried.

I don't know where my wall ball went. it went far far away. Ynez was a real stickler for only counting the reps that hit the x. Didn't matter if it was high enough - if it didn't hit the x it didn't count - not that there were that many that would have qualified.

Pretty much everything except my row suffered - actually - it was pretty well on par with my last FGB in June - still, I dunno where my power went. I did much better in April - particularly on the push-presses - though I think that was in the middle of our strength cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment