Thursday, July 2, 2009 by Daniel

"Well, it only gets hard when you get good at it."

Words of wisdom from Coach Maximus, RE: my current dread of Fight Gone Bad.

Max is gambling that some version of FGB will be at the Games next weekend, and I'm guessing he's also ramping up for FGB IV, thus two FGBs on consecutive Thursdays.

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.
This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed
before repeating. We've used this in 3 and 5 round versions. The
stations are:

1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
4. Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
5. Row: calories (Calories)

The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of
"rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good
score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each
calorie is one point.
275 RX

Essentially the same score as last week. The transition to the rower at GWPC is poor, which cuts a handful of calories from the overall workout, but it would not have been enough to get me over 300, and it's not like I wasn't sufficiently miserable as it was.

ExerciseSet 1Set 2Set 3Total
SDHP
25
20
20
65
BJ
25
23
20
68
PP
15
15
12
42
Row
20
17
15
52
WB
21
12
15
48
TOTAL
106
87
82
155

Good pace out the gate, but it went south at the second row (and REALLY tanked in Wall-Ball, my God). The more I do this, the more I think I'm never going to get the additional 25 points I need in the second or third rounds. Next time this comes up, if I remember, I'm going to shoot for 125 in the first round, then just hang on for dear life through the next two rounds. I have to rely on that minute of rest to be sufficient to get me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment