Friday, May 22, 2009 by Daniel

Friday DNF day (Eva)

Today was very similar to last Friday, which is not really a good thing.

Started out with some crappy climbing:

10a(o), 10b(o), 10b(o), 10c(f)

Once again, my distal deltoid/proximal bicep were really hurting from the climbing. I don't know what's going on with that. My traps were sore waking up (from the snatch/OHS, I'm sure), but didn't really bother me much today. Just the arms.

I ate as much as I could, and rested through the afternoon, but it wasn't enough to get me through Eva:

Five rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
2 pood Kettlebell swing, 30 reps
30 Pull-ups

DNF (3 rounds in 39:30)

It was the arm pain that caused me to stop, and it was the pullups causing the arm pain. The swings were actually getting easier - I did the first round in sets of 10 and moved to 2x15 in the last round. In fact, this may be the first time I've done 2-pood swings and they felt just fine, and didn't make my throat raw from grunting. The pullups were done on the rings, and were just causing more and more pain. In general, my pullups and climbing have gone downhill, probably a result of gaining weight on the strength cycle. The price you pay, I guess.

1 comment:

MBL100 said...

Daniel: I am feeling the effects of the high volume too. I'm going to try and make it through this weekend strong, recover and maybe take next week @ .5 volume. You might do the same.

Post a Comment